Tuesday 17 January 2012

Is it true??

Has Melbourne finally brought out the big guns and delivered us with Summer?? I hope so!!!

Yesterday my BBF (Kate) and I headed out for a day trip to Barwon Heads/Torquay. We were so blessed with the weather, it was absolutely perfect! We left Melbourne in the morning and got to Barwon Heads at about 11am. We headed straight for the beach!!! It was pretty hot down there so we didn't spend too much time laying out on the sand and headed straight for the water!! Just perfect!
But then the unthinkable happened. The most horrible thing that could happen to a girl with long hair... or any length hair for that matter... I lost my one and only hair-tie. You know that one that it is stretched to the perfect amount that you know you can wrap it round your hair three times. Yep well mine is now on the bottom of the ocean floor or washed up on a beach in Mexico for all I know!!

So after I came to grips that I wasn't going to be seeing it again we finished up on the beach and headed for lunch in Torquay. We chose the ever popular Growlers Cafe on the Esplanade. Now, I thought this place was owned by Nicky Buckley but I just checked the website and it seems that weird paparazzi guy Darryn Lyons and Lara Bingle now own it. Weird. So there you go!
I was so excited when I got there because I had been craving their delicious thick cut chips and aioli and maybe a cider to wash it down (Real healthy, I know!!). But their chips dont come with aioli anymore... But now I have a new favourite!! Sweet Chilli Mayo!! Oh god it was like a party in my mouth. AMAZING!!!! The only crappy thing was that their ciders were way overpriced... $13.50 for a Rekorderlig cider!! Can you believe it?! That's more that the bowl of chips!!! So no cider for me. But we did enjoy some yummy bruschetta with our chips!


How yum does that Bruschetta look?! I want more!!
All in all it was a perfect day!! Perfect weather, food and company! What more could you ask for?! Oh maybe Kate's sunburn isn't so perfect but I did warn her when she said no to sunscreen. Poor thing has heat stroke!


Here's a better picture of my new hair (excuse me for being a poser)! I'm so happy with it! And I finally got to wear my new Jessika Allen bathers! Got this bikini top for an absolute bargain from Swimwear Galore!! RRP $94.00 and I got it on sale for $19.00 yep that's right $19.00!!!!!!

Well that's it for me! I have to go study my course because I don't have much longer to do it and facebook, Instagram and blogs are distracting me!!

PEACE
xx

1 comment:

  1. Weather in Melbourne has been perfect lately! I just hope summer decides to stay for a while :)

    ReplyDelete